Dehisced Surgical Incision – 28 Day Treatment
- A 35-year-old female.
- Patient had undergone elective abdominoplasty surgery.
- The wound had begun to dehisce on the far-left side of the abdominoplasty.
- Small pinhole wounds the largest measuring 1.2cm x 0.8cm x 1.1cm with undermining of 1.8cm noted (Figure 2).
- Diagnosed as fat necrosis.
Management & Results
- Patient treated with the Avelle™ NPWT System for 28 days with 4 dressing changes.
- Wound exudate had been successfully managed, leaving the peri wound skin intact and healthy.
- The wound had decreased in size and required a simple, inert dressing.
- The wound continued to heal to complete closure.
- The patient and the Healthcare Professionals were pleased with the outcome.
Figure 1: 5 weeks post-operation increased exudate and redness.
Figure 2: Dehiscence on the far left side of the abdominoplasty.
Figure 3: 7 days after Avelle™ NPWT application – undermining healed.
Figure 4: Largest area of dehiscence with 100% clean granulation tissue
Figure 5: Exudate managed by the Hydrofiber® Technology Avelle™ NPWT dressing.
Figure 6: Surgical incision healed to complete closure.